The KAM-PT1 and KAM-PT3 are subterranean wood probing tools with an integral locking slide hammer and positive-locking probe safety cover. The tool is designed to aid in the inspection of wood poles that are buried underground and are prone to rot, decay, and other mechanical degradation. Recent fall incidents and close calls have drawn attention to the aging wood pole infrastructure for power and telecommunications. The KAM-PT1 and extended length KAM-PT3 give utility industry personnel the ability to quickly evaluate a wood pole for signs of rot at the base with a hardened probe that is capable of penetrating compact soil and even ice.
The slide hammer allows for easy removal if the tool becomes stuck in the pole being tested. It may also be used to drive standard 5/8" ground rods. The KAM-PT1 and KAM-PT3 tools are not a substitute for any certified pole test, and it should be noted that they only provide a subjective basis for measuring a pole’s integrity. They are intended to be a safer alternative to testing for rot with a screwdriver and hammer because they test the pole beneath the surface.
- Main tool body is constructed of hardened, high-strength stainless steel for corrosion resistance and ground penetration
- Geometric features on the tool indicate probing depth beneath the surface
- Probe can be replaced independently in case of damage
- Tool length minimizes bending at the waist by the operator
- Slide hammer locks in stationary position to prevent pinch-points
- Locking safety cover is constructed of high-strength aluminum to prevent punctures and protect the probe tip when not in use
- Flats on slide hammer prevent the tool from rolling
- Minimal maintenance
- Proudly designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- KAM-PT1 Wood Pole Tester with standard 12" extension
- KAM-PT3 Wood Pole Tester with 36" extension